Mission, Vision and Core Values
Steadfast in Jesus Christ as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, Concordia University Chicago promotes academic rigor in its liberal arts and professional programs; grounds students in objective truth, integrity, and excellence; and practices faithfulness to the Confessional teachings of the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod, as it forms students for vocations in church, family, and the world.
Concordia University Chicago is a Christ-centered Lutheran university where truth, freedom, and vocation form students for lives of influence and service for the common good.
We at Concordia University Chicago embrace these Core Values as essential to living together in a vibrant and influential Christian academic community and as productive citizens of the Church and world.
- Christian Faith - The Christian faith is an integral part of our community.
- The Individual - As a member of God’s creation each person is unique and is blessed with inherent worth.
- Excellence - We strive for excellence in who we are and what we do.
- Integrity - Our community demonstrates the accord between our beliefs and practices.
- Service - Recognizing and addressing the needs of others is a response to God’s love for us and a reflection of God’s love for them.